Presented by Dean Dorton and the Lane Report, the Best Bets list recognizes businesses making a positive impact on Kentucky’s economic development.
“We’ve seen tremendous growth and change in our state throughout the last twenty years, and the companies on this list are often the initiators of that progress, something we want and need to celebrate,” said David Bundy, president & CEO of Dean Dorton. “We wanted to create a way that we could recognize their efforts and results, so we have created the Best Bets list.”
To earn a spot on the Best Bets list, companies must be independent, for-profit enterprises headquartered in Kentucky. Other award criteria includes average revenues, employee investment, re-investment in the company, and other achievements.
In 2017, Accuserv achieved revenue growth of over 45 percent, implemented a new warehouse management system, entered a new human resources partnership and moved into new, larger headquarters.
“We’ve experienced significant growth in the last couple of years, and it’s a real honor to be recognized for our success and our contribution to Kentucky’s economic growth,” said Buddy Bockweg, president of Accuserv. “This award is a testament to the caliber of our employees, who bring their passion and drive to our business and our community every day.”
Congratulations to Kentucky’s Best Bets 2017 winners (in alphabetical order):
Company, Headquarters, Year Founded
- Accuserv, Louisville, 1998
- Bates Security, Lexington, 1984
- Buzick Construction, Bardstown, 1937
- Car Keys Express, Louisville, 2002
- eCampus.com, Lexington, 1999
- Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay, Louisville, 2013
- Payment Alliance International, Louisville, 2005
- Pitman Creek Wholesale, Danville, 1993
- SkuVault, Louisville, 2011
- TiER1 Performance Solutions, Covington, 2002
- US WorldMeds, Louisville, 2001
Learn more about the Best Bets award and selection criteria.